Thursday, August 4, 2011

Waking Up in Jackpot

Knowing that Dusty had our little "restoration project" well under control Pretty Mama, Auntie Sophie, Lucee, the boys and I took off for a mini-vacay in Jackpot. One may not think Jackpot is the place to take 4 kids ages 5 and under but have I got news for you... those 4 kids can swim the heck out of a pool and watch the Disney channel to their heart's content. The phrase "I'm so excited, I'm just going to die" even came out of Grayson's mouth on our way into town.

Putting the boys to bed the night before we left made me think about our annual trips to Disneyland when we were little. I thought if I stayed up all night I would be extra tired the next day and could sleep in the car, thus arriving faster. I think the not sleeping was just sheer excitement at the adventure that awaited, Grayson had this same level of anticipation the night before our trip.
Upon arrival, bathing suits were donned, (practically before we made it to our "home" as Radlee called it) and the pool was put to the test. It was so cold at first touch that day. The littles warmed right up to it though, especially thanks to Pretty Mama and Pappy and the life vests they gave the kiddos for the trip. Grayson couldn't wait to do cannonballs into the pool (to him this meant jumping from the step in the pool out into the water). Lucee and Radlee took a little longer to warm up but eventually earned their fins as well And Cooper, well lets just say he had the life, floating around in his boat, happy as a little clam.


Bedtime may have been even more exciting than pool time, as Pretty Mama had brought the blow up beds for the kiddos to sleep in. After storytime with Pretty Mom's Nook, it was one big slumber party.

The next day we spent ALL day at the pool and by the end of the day I had the sunburn to prove it. The kiddos got goggles that equated to a little bit of bravery, now putting their faces in the water and swimming more and more by themselves. At lunchtime, the kids had a picnic and I ran to the cafe to grab us big girls lunch, while I was waiting I decided to toss a few bucks in a penny slot to pass the time. I only had a $20 and told myself that I would only spend $5 of it (I am a total cheap-o when it comes to gambling). The first few spins I won a couple bucks and never really dropped below my $20, I increased the amount I was betting, spun the wheel and hit some wild card thing that paid out 8000 pennies, at first I thought it was $8, then I realized it was $80! I was so excited, I think it is the most I have ever won. I was even more excited when I had the sense to cash out then and there to save my winnings! ChaChing!!

By the end of the day, back at the pool, Radlee had lost all fear of the water and was jumping in from the side with Sophie, begging her to take him under water, Grayson was swimming the length of the pool by himself (with his floatie) and Lucee was jumping off the side to Pretty Mama, such little fish.
That evening after dinner, the babes continued their quest for water and took a bath, complete with swim goggles of course! The slumber party was much quieter that night, for we had 4 very tuckered out little ones on our hands!
The next morning led to one more dip in the pool and some quality Nook time for Lucee and Roo before it was time to pack our bags and head for home... Until next time!

No comments: