Saturday, July 30, 2011

14 trips to Home Depot and 5 gallons of paint later....

By Saturday night we had the Glamper thisclose to being ready for interior paint, sanding was complete, all of the cabinet doors had been removed and all of the "new construction" was completed on the inside. Just a little final clean up, caulking and masking on Sunday morning and she was good to go.
I had bought paint and primer (one gallon each) on Saturday, Dusty set up and fought with the paint sprayer for a time before he finally was able to get to work. It became apparent fast that the paint was being used much faster than we had anticipated and he sent me back for 2 more gallons, luckily Home Depot is less than 5 minutes from our house. I ran in and grabbed the paint, when I got in the car my phone rang... it was Dusty needing better primer the normal stuff we had bought was not sealing out the water damage, I ran back in and bought a gallon of Kilz primer. When I got home he shot the inside with the Kilz, but there was still bleed through. I googled Kilz and found out that stains may still show through but after the primer cures they shouldn't show through paint. We took a break to let the primer dry. An hour or so later he shot the interior with paint, there is still some slight bleed through but we decided most of it will be hidden by cushions. Here she is, all painted up and SO pretty! These pictures read sort of gray but actually she is bright white!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm dying for a photo of the polka dots!!!