Saturday, May 30, 2009

The new favorite toy

I do not mind doing laundry, I love having clean clothes and empty hampers. What I don't like is putting the clean laundry away, clothes are often left folded on the couch or washing machine for a day or two before they make it upstairs to their respecive closets. It is really an awful habit that I am trying to brake - enter the laundry basket - I thought that maybe, just maybe I would be more apt to actually put the clothes away if they were all packed up and I could take them upstairs in one easy trip. That was excellent logic until the boys found my laundry basket. I am a little perplexed at why we have bought any toys at all over the past 3.5 years; this basket has provided more hours of entertainment than anything else in our house, ever! AND the special bonus is it is something both Grayson and Radlee enjoy playing with and better yet - they play with it together! They pretend they are in a cage and the other one has to save them, they pretend they are in a boat, and sit in it together, they flip it over and sit on top of it on its side and it is a space ship - the options are endless. Now while I no longer have a laundry basket to haul clothes in at least they are preoccupied for 5 minutes so I can acutally carry the clothes up to put them away, it is a win-win!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

We also found out the laundy basket can be so much fun... Alivia climbs in and Josh says he is making "Shepherd" Pie. Love it!