Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Radlee - Month 3


Oh my little Radlee, you have come into yourself this month, giggling, and talking. I think you will give your big brother a run for his money – there may never be another silent moment in this house between the two of you little chatterboxes. Your giggle is infectious and hearty, coming all the way from your toes; you don’t dispense them freely though, you make us work for them, tickling you is the best way to earn one. When you fix your gaze upon something, you don’t look away until you have analyzed it completely, GiGi summed it up best when she said “Oh he is a wise one that baby.” The thoughts going through that perfectly round head of yours are far beyond your two months.

You love being at home, swinging, rocking, sleeping and eating, however you are so good when we leave. You will typically fall asleep in your car seat and stay asleep once we get to where we are going, if you wake up, you seldom cry and will talk to your toys on the car seat, watch Grayson or cuddle into me in the baby carrier. You get bored quickly though and like to have a change of scenery often. We spend a lot of time wandering around the house, showing you new things and letting you take it all in. A few days ago I was trying to fix dinner and every time I left the room you would fuss, finally I strapped you into your car seat and set you on the counter where you could watch me – I don’t think I have ever seen you happier, kicking and squealing with delight and I explained to you the art of cutting potatoes – you love interaction.

You are such a snuggler, and are usually happiest when in somebody’s arms. You are growing so quickly, I am afraid that I cannot take in enough moments with you, I find myself lingering at your bedside when I check on you before I go to bed, just to watch your chest rise and fall, arms raised over your head and eyelids fluttering. I cannot sleep at night until I have kissed your chubby baby cheeks, one last time and whispered that I love you.

I love you the most,
Mama

No comments: