Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Grayson's new "Friend"

Recently I have noticed Grayson walking around the house talking on one of his toy cell phones, his conversations are often with someone he refers to as "Dude." He brings Dude up in conversation from time to time but never gives me any details on him, until tonight. This was our dinnertime conversation this evening:

Me - When did you see Dude?
G - On Saturday
Me - Oh really, who took you to his house?
G - Um, I did - I took myself
Me - I see, how did you get there?
G - In my truck (he acts almost irritated as I am asking these questions, as if I should already know the answers)
Me - Does Dude have a Mama?
G - Yeah, her name is Annie
Me - Dude's Mama's name is Annie too? How crazy is it that both of your Mama's are named Annie?
G - I know, pretty crazy.
Me - Does he have brothers and sisters?
G - Yeah, one brother and one sister
Me - Little or big?
G - His sister is little, she is a baby, her name is Jackson.
Me - And his brother?
G - he is big, like.... (I was sure he was going to compare Dude's brother to Sage) the Jonas Brothers.
Me - What is his name?
G - Ummm Telephone (said with a silly grin - then he popped back into the story) I don't know if that is his name, but that is what Dude calls him.
Me - Where does Dude live?
G - In Idaho.
Me - What does he have in his room?
G - ummm Decorations, and Monster Trucks, and Cars, and rocket ships and airplanes and, Oh, I painted a remote control for him, I painted it black.
Me - That was nice of you, did Dude's Mama help you paint it?
G - No I did it all by myself, I put it on a napkin when I was done.

This pretty much sums up Dude, the whole time he was talking I was wishing I was recording the conversation, he didn't hesitate on any of the answers and filled me in on all the details of his "friend".

No comments: